Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager actively leads and is accountable for all aspects of the company’s procurement and inventory management activities. In addition, this role is responsible for providing direction, coaching and oversight to the Supply Chain team driving optimal performance as they forecast demand, coordinate the sourcing and movement of supply, and production scheduling. Their primary responsibility is to fulfill customer’s product needs by procuring the required products and carefully managing the flow of inventory in the most efficient way possible.
This critical leadership role requires a strong leader who can build a winning team by attracting & developing talent. Key competencies required to be successful in this role include: exceptional business acumen, strong analytical and technical skills, being a collaborative problem solver and team player, dedicated to meeting customer expectations, and an effective communicator with strong leadership skills to overcome challenges and successfully deliver results.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet customer demand requirements while minimizing inventory
- Implement and lead a Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process in collaboration with Sales & Marketing and Operations, including a forecast linking units and revenue
- Develop forecast submissions to be used throughout the organization including Finance, Sales, Manufacturing and external suppliers
- Measuring, reporting and implementing corrective action plans to manage inventory levels and service level reporting regarding fill rates, forecast attainment, inventory health, and expediting transportation costs
- Implement and oversee change management and master data as it relates to the ERP system
- Lead strategic sourcing activities to lower costs and improve service levels (lead times, vendor fill rates, return policies, etc.)
- Drive financial performance of strategic business units by identifying risks and opportunities in the supply chain and recommending solutions.
- Provide day-to-day oversight for direct reports in the department
- Foster and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment to motivate staff
- Identify, track and report on progress against organizational key performance goals
- Collaborate with senior management to identify and allocate resources (people and equipment) based on business & operational priorities
- Identify and remove obstacles that prevent staff from accomplishing tasks
- Provide continuous performance feedback for direct reports through regular one-on-one meetings and/or dept meetings
- Conduct formal performance reviews for staff as per the schedule defined by Human Resources (2x per year)
- Deliver Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and monitor accordingly
- Actively participate in the recruitment process to grow the department when required
- Manage the onboarding of new team members (identify training partner, provide training materials, etc)
- Proactively manage employee, process or equipment issues and escalating up as required
- Review, check and sign off on overtime hours of department staff
- With support from HR, manage the offboarding (termination) of associates
- Bachelors degree or College diploma in a related discipline
- Min 5 years experience in Supply Chain driving operational efficiency including logistics, inventory/warehousing, scheduling, and procurement
- Experience within Cannabis industry is considered an asset
- Strong technical skills and knowledge/experience using leading ERP systems such as Dynamics 365, as well as Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of supply chain planning systems (demand planning, distribution requirements planning, supply and inventory planning)
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Required to pass a criminal background check