The QA Associate will be responsible for managing documentation, coordinating activities of staff, and monitoring the production of regulatory compliant product. The QA Associate will provide assistance to the functions within the Quality Management System, and will be dedicated to ensuring compliance across all departments. Reporting to the QA Supervisor, the QA Associate will be responsible for ensuring that Good Production Practices (GPP) and all applicable regulations laid out by the Cannabis Act are adhered to at all times. The extraction facility is located in Aylmer, Ontario.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of QA documentation, ensuring Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents related to GPP
- Assist with managing the Quality Management System
- Draft SOPs to ensure continuous compliance
- Ensure that cannabis, raw materials, and packaging materials are received and tested in accordance with established procedures
- Investigate and complete deviation reports, complaints, and CAPAs
- Review batch records and Certificates of Analysis, ensuring that product meets quality and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all staff are adhering to facility SOPs and GPP at all times
- Work with QA Supervisor to develop, implement and conduct internal facility audits as scheduled
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in science or a related discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in Quality Assurance in a GMP/GPP environment, pharmaceutical and/or food and beverage industry
- Experience with Quality Systems: Change Control, Deviation, CAPA, Document Control
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and collaborate with a cross-functional project team
- Highly organized with attention to detail for successfully satisfying diverse responsibilities
- Ability to read and correctly interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, and specifications
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
NOTE: This is a role that requires shift work which includes weekends. Hours are 7:30am - 8pm. 4 days first week, 3 days the following week.
- Previous work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP)
- Knowledge of the Cannabis Act, GPP, and GMP
- Experience working in a HACCP environment
- Experience working in a high growth environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and also to work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.