The Extraction Technician I is responsible for carrying out the supercritical carbon dioxide extraction, decarboxylation, milling and/or shipping/receiving activities at Motif. This role will perform day-to-day duties in compliance with SOPs and Health Canada Regulations under the guidance of the Extraction Operations Supervisor.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
● Adhere to all SOPs for the operation, testing and maintenance of equipment
● Identify improvement opportunities and report issues in order to maximize efficiency, quality and yield while ensuring safety and reliability
● Keep accurate inventory control
● Perform sanitation activities as per GPP requirements
● Sample preparation for all required analytical testing
● Ensure 100% compliance with QA requirements during day-to-day activities
● Working at heights will be required, as necessary
● Handling pressurized gas cylinders; and
● Other duties as assigned
● Post secondary education in a relevant discipline is preferred
● 1-2 years demonstrated experience operating high pressure systems, especially botanical or supercritical carbon dioxide extraction processes
● Mechanical inclination is an asset
● Attention to detail and commitment to safety while operating process equipment
● Positive attitude with strong communication skills
● Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
● Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
● Basic computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
● Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50lbs
● Required to pass a criminal background check
● Must be able to work various shift schedules including weekends as required
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.